Fontainhas Heritage Walk, Panjim
Activities — Outdoors
- Duration: 2 hours
- Difficulty: No Such Thing
- Accomodation: No Accomodation
- Solo Friendly
Fontainhas is a charming neighborhood in Panaji, the capital city of Goa, India. Known for its vibrant colors, picturesque streets, and well-preserved Portuguese colonial architecture, a heritage walk through Fontainhas is a great way to explore this unique neighborhood and learn about its history.
- English speaking guide
- Live music performance
- Personal expenses
How to Reach?
Meeting point: Panjim Post office
Air: Dabolim International Airport serves as the nearest airport to Goa situated about 30 kms from the capital city of Panjim. It caters to the entire state and is connected to all the major cities of the country and also few international cities in Germany and U.K.
Rail: There are two major railheads in Goa located in Vasco Da Gama and Madgaon. Apart from that two Konkan railway stations Karmali and Thivim are closest to Panjim and Calangute respectively. One will easily find the direct trains to Goa almost from all major cities of India.
Road: One can easily commute to Goa by road while enjoying the beautiful road journey. Well connected to almost all the major cities of the country by road, Kadamba Bus Stand at Panaji is the major bus station of Goa. There are regular state bus services plying to and from Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka.
How To Prepare?
Wear Comfortable and breathable clothes.
Do not forget Sunscreen.
Wear comfortable walking shoes.
Do not forget to click amazing pictures.
- Start your journey at the Tobacco square with an English-speaking guide and learn some fascinating history about the Portuguese residents who lived in the neighborhood.
- Next, explore the beautiful heritage buildings which have survived development in the 21st century.
- Your next stop would be Panjim’s oldest bakery where you can taste their Goan treats and have a refreshing beverage.
- Enjoy a live performance of a local Goan musician and meet his band.
- Visit a heritage handicraft store before heading back :)
P.S: You can also join a group for Rs.850 per person
We are enthusiastic travelers ourselves and believe that women and girls need to travel more than they currently do in India. We provide exclusive women-only trips for Yoga, Scuba, Surfing, Spa, and other activities. We ensure that our trips are safer and well suite for girls-only travel. Each location and activity is well-curated and verified for being women-friendly
₹2600 per guest
Your enquiry has been sent. We will get back shortly.
Want to customize this experience? Send an enquiry and we will get back to you shortly.
You may also like