Chronicles and Echoes of Divar Island -Goa
Activities — Culture
- Duration: 3 hours
- Difficulty: No Such Thing
- Accomodation: No Accomodation
- Solo Friendly
About the Experience
Catch the ferry across the Mandovi river to the quaint Divar Island, and experience a day in the life of a local Islander. Despite its proximity to Goa’s capital city Panjim, the local community of Divar Island has resisted urbanisation and successfully preserved its rich heritage and unique lifestyle. Enjoy a rare change of pace, as the Island’s blissful tranquillity and lush surroundings leave you feeling rejuvenated by the time you head home.
- A memorable ferry ride across the serene Mandovi river.
- Get a taste of the minimalist and sustainable island life as we interact with locals and explore indigenous occupations like fishing and Khazan farming (a traditional aqua-agricultural system that ensures an equitable sharing of resources between local farmers and fishermen).
- Discover the island’s multicultural heritage as we visit landmark monuments – from ancient Hindu temples to Goa’s finest 18th-century baroque church with stunning panoramic views.
- Visit the archaeological ruins of a 12th-century temple and a mystical holy bathing site called Porne Tirth.
- Explore the island’s natural hidden caves (subject to weather and accessibility).
- Enjoy a musical performance by a local musician.
- End your experience with a sumptuous Goan lunch.
- Local Expert for Chronicles and Echoes of Divar Island
- Lunch( vegetarians / non-vegetarians).
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
How to Reach?
This experience is not a walking trail and requires transportation. Explore the Island using your own vehicle, or we can book one for you (at an additional cost).
Arrive at the meeting point St Cruz, Goa in your own vehicle. Here, meet our Local Expert who will accompany you throughout the trail.
How To Prepare?
Documents – ID proof,
We are enthusiastic travelers ourselves and believe that women and girls need to travel more than they currently do in India. We provide exclusive women-only trips for Yoga, Scuba, Surfing, Spa, and other activities. We ensure that our trips are safer and well suite for girls-only travel. Each location and activity is well-curated and verified for being women-friendly
₹3000 per guest
Your enquiry has been sent. We will get back shortly.
Want to customize this experience? Send an enquiry and we will get back to you shortly.
You may also like