Fontainhas Heritage Walk- Things to do Goa
Activities — Outdoors
- Duration: 3 hours
- Difficulty: No Such Thing
- Accomodation: No Accomodation
- Solo Friendly
An immersive walk around the charming Old Latin Quarter in Panjim. Soak in the rich heritage of a neighbourhood described by historian William Dalrymple as a ‘small chunk of Portugal washed up on the shores of the Indian Ocean, and interact with locals who strive to keep centuries of culture alive to this day.
- Local Expert Fontainhas Heritage Walk
- Tasting of traditional Goan sweets & a refreshing beverage.
- Visit Indo-Portuguese heritage structures and establishments.
- Meeting with a renowned Goan Musician.
- Visit a local organic store.
- Personal Expenses
How to Reach?
You can meet our Local Expert at 4 pm at Fontainhas (quarter), Altinho, Panaji, Goa 403001 and start your trail from there.
How To Prepare?
Documents – ID proof
- Discover the untold history of the city of Panjim at Tobacco Square, and hear intriguing tales of the neighbourhood’s former colonial Portuguese residents.
- Be transported to a bygone era as we explore painstakingly preserved heritage buildings that have survived the onslaught of development in the 21st century – including the Chapel of Sao Tome and the Panjim Inn. The quaint streets are lined with traditional Portuguese-style homes in a palette of striking bright colours, making this every photographer’s paradise.
- Visit Panjim’s oldest bakery and have a taste of their traditional Goan treats with a refreshing beverage (subject to the bakery’s operational timings).
- Meet with a renowned local Goan musician and enjoy a live performance of his distinctive blend of Konkani and Latin styles.
- Support the local economy with a visit to a producer of handcrafted ceramic souvenirs, and take a piece of Goa home with you.
Discover all local activities near you. #FunThingsToDo on your holidays. Connecting you directly with the providers, we have the lowest prices, certified operators and instant confirmation.
Other Things To DoWhen in Goa, go on a cycle tour and indulge in a lot of water activities.
₹3600 per guest
Your enquiry has been sent. We will get back shortly.
Want to customize this experience? Send an enquiry and we will get back to you shortly.
You may also like